Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Love Lines are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 21st between 3 and 5 pm PST. For more publishing opportunities, go to: http://spectrumpublishing.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Tim Tipton

From this point to

across this room she know (or I think she knows) that I love her That I study her closely from far away and savoring every gesture she offers me adds another day to my life That her quarter moon smile lights up my heart (Does she know?) I hold everything about her in my memory and set it free on my loneliest night. She has become
absent more and my days are not the same
without her. I often find myself wondering about her (and did she know?)





I don't love you anymore

I used to love you beyond anything
and then there was a time that I 
just counted on you because it seemed
like the right thing to do. To carry
around with me like an amulet, something
in amber. But the fire has gone out.
What I was seeing was a reflection,
a trick with mirrors. It's all ashes
now. I know this is going to hurt
but here it goes: I don't love you,
I don't love you, I don't love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia Mathias

    for: J.A.F. MY LATE GRANDMOTHER'S  LONG-LOST PEARL returns  to its  setting