Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Love Lines are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 21st between 3 and 5 pm PST. For more publishing opportunities, go to: http://spectrumpublishing.blogspot.com

Monday, January 9, 2023

SomeOne Else

Love Defined


Love is enigmatic

No possible solution

It's sometimes problematic

Yet there is no substitution

Love is something precious

To treasure and to share

For those who've found true love

Nothing can compare






My Friend My Lover My Wife


My friend my lover my wife

My family partner for life

With good times and bad

Both happy and sad

We've grown through the years

And shared many tears 

You're still my best friend 

And will be til the end

And though we have changed 

I wouldn't exchange 

My friend my lover my wife





When I Hear the Crickets Chirp


When i hear the crickets chirp

I wonder if it you

I hope it's you that's texting me

I really hope it's you

I wonder how your days has been

And hope that it's been good

I wonder what your doing now

And hope you're doing good 

I think about your lovely smile

And your pretty eyes

I think about our future date

And give a loving sigh

When i hear my cell phone ring

I hope that it is you

I love the sound of your sweet voice

I love talking to you 

And when I hear the crickets chirp

I so hope that it's you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia Mathias

    for: J.A.F. MY LATE GRANDMOTHER'S  LONG-LOST PEARL returns  to its  setting