Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Love Lines are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 21st between 3 and 5 pm PST. For more publishing opportunities, go to: http://spectrumpublishing.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozabal


Drawing Birds


Drawing birds
and bees and trees.
Drawing suns
and moons and stars.
Anything
but poetry,
until the
muse pleads with me.
Drawing black
and green mountains;
blue rivers
and flying fish.
Everything 
under the sun,
green grass and
a rolled out tongue.
Drawing dogs
and cats and eyes.
Drawing squares
and zig zag lines.
Anything 
the heart desires.
A fast car
with wheels on fire.




Mixtape 

I made you a mixtape.
I made you a cover too.
I printed the names of
each song because 
I love you. I made sure
the record did not skip.
I used color markers
to make the cover look
cool. I used the kind of
markers where the colors
did not run. I made sure
I wrote inside the lines 
because I love you. I got
the sixty minute tape
because ninety minutes 
was too long. I taped 
the songs you loved most,
from De La Soul to The
Cure. I even put in Sinatra
and Earth Wind and Fire.
Those days are long gone
and I still love you.





No One Looks Like Her (2011)

No one looks like her
to me. I am confused
by how I see things.
I have urges I must
get out of my mind.
In my dream I drown
in a cup of water.
I am a fly. She is in
the dream too.
I think I might love her.




Crossing Through Time (2012)

I crossed through time 
and space to return to
the night when we left
our clothes and our
minds behind. The night
became day and there
was nothing left there.
The beds were made 
and the past was lost.
I overheard a ghost train 
pulling out of town 
fleeing from the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia Mathias

    for: J.A.F. MY LATE GRANDMOTHER'S  LONG-LOST PEARL returns  to its  setting